The LAMDA syllabus offers a variety of examinations in:
• Performance (Acting, Devising Drama & Mime)
• Communication (Speaking Verse and Prose, Reading for Performance & Public Speaking)
• Musical Theatre
These subjects develop a broad range of life skills that will support children in the future, including:
• Improved confidence in speaking, listening and answering questions
• Expanded vocabulary and give greater fluency
• Ability to receive feedback constructively
• Enhance self-expression and increased ability to memorise and recall information
These critical skills will enhance the learner’s self-confidence to engage and contribute fully, whether at school, in further education (students will also gain UCAS points from grade 6 onwards), in work, or in the community: in other words, empowering an individual to fulfil their potential.
Lesson times are put on a rotation system so there is always minimum disruption to the school day. Our tutors understand how busy schools can be so as long as the students are keen to learn and there is a space available to conduct the lessons, the rest is up to us. We aim for our lessons to be hassle-free for the school staff, so all administrative tasks are left in our hands.